The digital arts nonprofit Rhizome has revealed the list of participants for this year’s Seven on Seven conference, an annual gathering that pairs artists and technologists so that they can produce a project together. The conference’s tenth edition will be held at the New Museum in New York on May 19, 2018.
Zachary Kaplan, the executive director of Rhizome, said in a statement, “Over ten editions, [Seven on Seven] has done so much to make the argument that the fields of technology and art must learn from one another, in ways that acknowledge their points of overlap and their specificities. But at the same time, it’s an opportunity to think about the future. Critiques of technology’s effects have become increasingly mainstream; what sort of alternatives might be imagined as part of Seven on Seven over the next decade?”
Below are a list of the artist-technologist pairings at this year’s Seven on Seven.
- Petra Cortright, artist, and Carl Tashian, engineer and entrepreneur
- Sara Cwynar, artist, and Cierra Sherwin, director of Color Product Development, Glossier
- Sean Raspet, artist and Nonfood cofounder, and Francis Tseng, designer and developer
- Tabita Rezaire, artist, and Kenric McDowell, director, Google Artists and Machine Intelligence
- Avery Singer, artist, and Matt Liston, founding member and ambassador, Gnosis
- Mika Tajima, artist, and Yasmin Green, R&D Director, Jigsaw at Alphabet Inc.
- Dena Yago, artist, and Yalda Mousavinia, founder, Space Cooperative